Monday, January 2, 2012

Sambhar and Aloo ka Paratta (3)


First day in Collge...

Appa accompanied me to the auditorium, the verification of marksheets, documents and other formalities were conducted there.
i trudged along with Appa into the this huge auditorium, wow i said, looked exactly like the colosium i had seen in the
movie gladiator's just that this had a roof, or well just the feeling was so big that i could even put the grandier
of a shankar's movie or rajni's stunt's to shame. i watched as guy's and girl's made their way through to the admission table
to get their ID's, Hostel room details and stuff. Muthu called out one of the attendant's, they were manily senios' who
were helping out with the college admission and stuff. "Yes Madam" i replied in a loud voice, the new joinee's who had come
suddenly turned around and started laughing and giggling, i could not understand what was wrong, is it wrong to give
respect to one's senior i thought, the senior came toward's me and Appa... Muthu,

Yes i replied in a polite manner, please come with me... and you can call be akriti..
madam looks too formal call me by my name...

The formalities took close to 30 min's to complete, nearing completion i was asked for the size of my T-Shirt

Large in replied, but all that was left was XXL,hmm it's ok i will take it i replied.

room "07" is your room please proceed to the same...
Hmmm ok i said as my voice was slowly comming down, suddenly some kind of a fear was gripping me
No it was not ragging, as it is not at all prevelant... or was it leaving my Appa all alone.. hmm

Appa and i reached the Hostel gate, suddenly i heard a loud voice behind me "Aree Puttar rukhhh jaaa"
"Oye Dharmendarrrrr rukkkhhh toh jaaaa"...

Meet Jaspinder Singh Lakpal... uff Jappy...

Jaspinder looked like a complete punjabi to me, by what i have heard about them Over the Top,but true to heart
and alway's the best friend one could have.

Nahiiin Maaa, mat rokh mujhe... No Maa dont stop me now, pleasee i have to gooooo.....

i was wondering, Mann he must have topped the entrance test and his urge to go ahead and compete was just
unquestionable...

Well that's exactly what his Mom would have had thought... but then reality was far from it..

It seems the extra Samosa and the large glass of Lassi had done it's trick on Jassi, and he just wanted to
offload the extra baggage he was carrying...

Rukhhh jaa Puttar grabbed his Mom, Maa Asshirwad de as he touched her leg, aur "Two Min Rukh"
main abhiii ayyaaa....

Hmmmm... then i heard someone call me from behind...

Hey Dude...

i turned around, there was this this guy with this english accent, complete bald head and a thin streak of beard
running across his cheek..

hey dude he called again...

By my experience in the Delhi Railway station in the morning i realised Dood mean's milk in Hindi.

i replied, yes it is available in the canteen...

He said "What the F,,,,"

comming from a humble town of Madurai, words like Dude,Buddy,Shucks... and obviously the word they should make it as
legen "F,,,,", were new to me which i would go on to discover later in my experience in Delhiii.

Bhai, i am calling you man, got some change.. the "F,,,in Autowala is bloddy raping me in broad daylight"

Meet Robert Patchesten... aka Rob... born in Dubaiii a christian with roots in Goa....

Yes, how much you need i asked, give me a 30, he said...

Hmmm... i started groppling with the money in my hand, i dont have the habbit of keeping a purse,
i always carried money in my shirt pocket.

Yeah bud that will do, and he grabbed 50 bucks from my hand and gave it to the autowala....

Whatttt... you are giving 20 Rs extra i exclaimed....

Chill man ... i owe you that money i will give it back eeee....

Hmmm i wondered ghosh God bless the guy who are going to be roomates of the Singh and this Phoringer i wondered
and gave a small prayer to the Lord, man is the guy going to go through nightmare i smiled and made my way to my room

The Door to Room "07" was half open, as i wondered to my horro i saw Jappy in one of the bed's

when i heard i voice from behind... Hey Bud we are going to have some Good Time eeee...

Damn it was Me with Jappy and Rob... God can save the Queen some other day, now i badly needed his help.


- To be Continued

- Anand

No comments:

Post a Comment